Now, originally this post should have been telling you all to be ready and waiting at your computers at a specific time this morning, as, originally, today was the day that ‘bib only’ places opened for the Disneyland Paris Half Marathon taking place in September this year, however the other day I got an email letting me know that this date had changed to February 16th – so that’s the day to put in your diary people. Now, if you’re thinking about running a half marathon this year, here’s 10 reasons why this might be a good one to do…..
- It’s the first ever Disney run in Paris – that gives you serious bragging rights.
- It’s a nice gentle pace – you only have to maintain a 16 minute mile, that’s three hours and thirty minutes to complete the distance, which is a brisk walking pace.
- If you’re worried about coming last, don’t be – it’s a big field so chances of that are limited – but the person who does come last normally gets extra special treatment in a Disney race.
- If you’ve got to travel to a race – booking flights, hotels etc – it’s a lot harder to back out of on the day
- The races are really fun – you get to have your picture taken with characters, run round castles and rides – what’s not to love? They don’t really feel like you’re running 13 miles.
- Costumes are encouraged – that means you can run in a skirt, full princess outfit (so long as it doesn’t drag on the ground) – or in my case, normal kit with an added running tiara.
- You get to own a running tiara – which comes in handy for parties too.
- I’ll be there….okay so that might not be a major selling point but…..
- It’s not until September which means heaps of time to train, even if you’re not running very far right now – although do train, I’m making it sound easy here, but it is still 13 miles.
- All Disney medals are awesome – here’s some of my collection. I’m expecting the Paris one to be just as good.
If I’ve convinced you to investigate further, here’s where you need to go to find out more details. Let me know if you do enter.